Using Drugs or Alcohol While Pregnant?

Nevada Treatment Centers and Resources

There are many organizations and resources in Nevada to help people struggling with drug or alcohol use during pregnancy. You can find a treatment center in your area below, or call the Substance Use Help Line if you just want to talk. There are also some self-help programs in Nevada if you’re looking for a 12-step program.

Find a treatment center in your area

Substance Use Help Line: 1.800.450.9530

Pregnant women have admission and treatment priority at treatment programs funded by the SAPT Block Grant (per 45 CFR Part 96), and Medicaid and sliding scale fees may be payment options at treatment centers.  SAPT Block Grant funded non-profit centers must not deny treatment to persons unable to pay, and may provide sliding scale payment options and serve Medicaid-eligible clients.  The treatment centers listed above at the link “Find a treatment center in your area” are all SAPT Block Grant funded and give pregnant women admission and treatment priority, as well as not denying treatment based on ability to pay.

Remember, let them know you are pregnant when you call

Plan of Care

The CARA Plan of Care is a voluntary referral to services designed to support the health and safety of you and your baby, both now and in the months ahead.  Your hospital care team will offer you a CARA Plan of Care if your baby was affected by drugs or alcohol in the womb. You and your care team will develop the CARA Plan of Care together before you leave the hospital. The CARA Plan of Care’s purpose is to:

  • Make sure you and your baby remain healthy and safe.
  • Support you in caring for your baby at home.
  • Connect you and your baby with services you might need

Find more information and a copy of the voluntary form here:

National Maternal Mental Health Hotline

The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline provides 24/7, free, confidential support, resources and referrals to any pregnant and postpartum mothers facing mental health
challenges and their loved ones. The service is available via phone and text in English or Spanish.

Call or text 1-833-TLC-MAMA (1-833-852-6262) to connect with counselors at the National Maternal Mental Health Hotline.  TTY users can use a preferred relay service or dial 711 and then 1-833-852-6262.
Pregnancy and a new baby can bring a range of emotions. In fact, many feel overwhelmed, sad, or anxious at different times during their pregnancy and even after the baby is born. But if these feelings last for more than two weeks, and make it hard to carry out daily tasks, like caring for themselves or their family, a parent may have perinatal depression or anxiety. These are common and treatable health conditions during or after pregnancy. And that’s why a new parent, or those supporting them, should reach out right away for help.  The National Maternal Mental Health Hotline’s counselors provide real-time emotional support, encouragement, information, and referrals. Pregnant and postpartum people can get the help and resources they need, when they need it.

Informational Resources

There are many resources out there for people who are just looking for information regarding pregnancy and substance use, including those to stop smoking. We also have printed resources available. You can call 211 or use this website to find a treatment center in your area.

Here’s How to Find Help Right Now


Find a Treatment Center

Find Help Now

Tell them you are pregnant and you need help now.


If you are refused immediate treatment, call.